Equine Recovery Boots FAQ
In simple terms, it’s an active compression to speed up the body’s natural healing process by flushing out the bad stuff and bringing in the good stuff for faster healing and recovery.
While using our Recovery Systems Equine Super Boots – E series, the horses legs are enclosed in a wrap. The wrap fills with air and squeezes the legs, much like a blood pressure cuff. Then the wrap deflates and relaxes. This inflating and deflating process repeats over and over during the treatment cycle. The compression helps move blood through the veins towards the heart. It also promotes the natural release of metabolic waste. Between compressions, the leg wraps relax and oxygen-rich blood returns delivering fresh nutrients to speed up recovery.
In our equine market, Super Boots – E series are widely by leading stables, polo clubs and owners.
As for our athletic market, our Recovery Systems products are widely used by many professional/ elite athletes, Olympic gold medalists, world champions, Rugby World Cup referees, and weekend warriors and fitness enthusiasts from all sports. Our products are also used for injury rehabilitation including treatment of ligament, tendon, muscle and other conditions.
- Eliminates lactic acid accumulation faster.
- Increased blood flow enhances dynamic flexibility and movement efficiency.
- Improves performance by increased blood flow for faster recovery time between events.
- Reduces strains on tendons, joints and ligaments.
- Reduces recovery time post training, racing or even.
- Faster healing recovery and gains from training.
- For horses that are slow to warm up or injury prone, Super Boots – E series give a great blood flow boost prior to training.
- Injury rehabilitation – anytime you can increase blood flow you accelerate healing.
- Super Boots – E series promotes sleep/rest quality – it is very common to see horse falls asleep or dozes off during treatment and needless to say improving sleep greatly promotes recovery.
Do not use the product without first consulting your veterinarians if you know or suspect your horse having the following conditions:
Pulmonary embolism (blood clot) or edema
Inflammation of the skin (e.g.: cellulitis, erysipelas)
- Acute infections
- Congestive cardiac failure
- Wounds, lesions, stitches or tumors at or near the site of application
- Bone fractures or dislocations at or near the site of application
- Other related issues and complications
We designed our products with the Intermittent Pneumatic Compression technology which employs the inflating and deflating of air that fills the leg wraps that enclosed the legs. The repeated process of squeezing and releasing of the leg wraps speed up the elimination of swelling which is a classic symptom post workout.
Aside from faster removal of waste products and delivery of fresh nutrients for faster healing and recovery, it also improves joint awareness, movement efficiency, and more importantly a reduction of soreness, getting the horse ready for action again, sooner. Most importantly, the portability of battery powered Super Boots – E series means it can be done any time, any place.
- Limb swelling, stiffness and soreness
- Forelimb swelling and trauma
No. Ice or cold air slows the circulation and delays recovery.
In addition, immersing in cold water post-workout can actually hinder muscle recovery, reduced long-term gains in muscle mass and strength. Cold water reduces blood flow to the muscles, inhibiting muscle cell recovery. Cold treatment is mainly used for trauma treatment rather than day to day recovery.
Static compression wraps produce around 20 mmhg of pressure and offer a limited increase in blood flow as they and have limited effectiveness due to their static nature. With Recovery Systems, the pressure of the squeeze and release function is around 10 times (200 mmhg) that of static compression, greatly influencing blood flow and the associated healing.
Here’s how they work - 2 phases
1: Squeeze Phase
Recovery Systems use a variety of treatment modes to effectively mimic the body’s natural recovery, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and waste out of the limbs after an intense workout of competition. The active compression helps move blood through the veins towards the heart. The continuous squeeze or compression phase from the lower limbs to upper limbs lasts around 1 minute effectively keeps the fluid moving in the right direction. The pressure is around 10 times that of a static compression wrap and of course it’s moving the blood actively rather than a static squeeze.
2: RELEASE Phase
The release phase of around 20 seconds is between compressions, the leg wraps relax, and oxygen-rich blood continues to flow in the arteries of the legs. Essentially, it speeds up recovery by accelerating the transport of fresh nutrients back to the muscles to speed up healing, recovery and gains. It is a great solution for warmup, recovery from daily training and rehabilitation.
Yes, Super Boots – E series can be used once daily or multiple sessions a day as required.
Yes, the pair of leg wraps can be either used on the front or the hind legs.
Here are suggested Treatment Times, Frequency and Pressure:
- Warmup before track work - 10 mins (particularly for injury prone horses or horses that are slow to warm up)
- Recovery after track work - 10 to 30 mins
- All treatment frequency - 1 to 4 times per day
- Injury rehabilitation - 1 to 4 times per day, at 10 to 30 mins each session (please consult your veterinarians before using)
- Evening time treatment can improve sleep quality
- Travel/transport – using the super boots on your horse during transport will help with keep your horse fresh and ready to go at your destination.
- Starting the pressure at level 1 (the pressure controller has 4 levels) to get the horse used to the compression initially and then increase gradually during each recovery session.
Yes, Super Boots – E series is user-friendly and simple to use. Simply follow these 4 simple steps:
- Wear & Secure – Place the leg wraps around the legs, from knee to hoof and secure with the velcro flaps. Ensure the tubing is over the withers in order to reach the other leg (or loins if hind legs are being treated).
- Connect & Attach – Connect the tubing to the controller. The attendant may attach the controller to the tubing Y connector, if hands-free is preferred. Or the attendant may hold onto the controller, sling over the shoulder or wear around the neck.
- Set & Start – Turn on the controller, set your preferred treatment mode, timer and pressure, then start
- Rest & Relax – Let the horse relax and enjoy the treatment, While you attend to grooming, meantime the horse is likely to take a short nap.
Also, you may adjust the pressure levels and duration in the midst of treatment.
Recovery Systems, has a proven track record for delivering cutting-edge, world-class intermittent compression therapy systems for the medical and athletics markets. Capitalizing on our success, we are leveraging our knowledge and expertise to transform the equine industry with the design of Equine Super Boots – E series.
Recovery Systems continues to innovate to both meet the standards and needs of compression recovery in terms of design, functionality and at an affordable price point.
- User-friendly control panel
- Light weight yet powerful
- Convenience of battery power
- Ruggedized water resistant case for the controller
- Wide range of compression pressure to suit all treatment preferences and comfort
2 treatment modes to suit different protocols and preference
- Good Value for Money – good value given the benefits, advanced features and functionality, durability and portability with the external rechargeable battery pack
- Dual-voltage charger for international travel and usage
- Specially designed air chambers and strong velcro fasteners to provide an adaptive and conforming fit for more effective result
- Easy to change the settings mid-session
- Durable and high quality TPU fabric for maximum comfort and dynamic compression
- Wraps are easy to clean and remove for good hygiene and skin care
We currently offering –
- Single unit purchase – a set comes with a pair of leg wraps, controller, external rechargeable battery and a carry bag
- Stable pack purchase – buy at a bundle of 5 sets and gets 1 set for free.
Yes, monthly rental with an Option to Purchase is currently available in Singapore and New Zealand.
To enquire, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information, please read our “Rental Agreement” and “Rental Policy”.
Yes, we have launched both of our Reseller and Ambassador Program.
For more enquiry and discussion, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Standard 12 month warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for all our products, including controller, internal or external battery, attachments and other accessories such as the leg wraps.
However, it does not cover damage caused by the horse (e.g. chewing the cables, please muzzle horses that have this tendency.
For more information, please read our “Warranty Policy” below.
Payment & Shipping
We accept credit cards and PayPal for orders on our website. We also accept bank transfer and international wire transfer.
If you choose to pay through PayPal, you’ll be redirected to a secure PayPal page and then back to Recovery Systems to confirm the order.
You may be able to pay with a card via PayPal without a PayPal account. Here’s how:
Click Check out with PayPal and you’ll be redirected to PayPal. Instead of choosing to pay with your PayPal account, select Pay with Debit or Credit Card.
You’ll be prompted to fill in your billing and credit card information.
Enter your email address so PayPal can send you a receipt.
Click Continue to return to Recovery Systems. Your payment isn’t sent until you click Submit order on Recovery Systems.
PayPal places restrictions on how often you can use their Guest Checkout feature. If you run into any trouble or have any questions about PayPal’s Guest Checkout, please contact PayPal directly.
No, we do not have in-house instalment plan. However, you may want to check with your bank or Credit Card Company on their instalment plans.
No, we do not charge sales tax.
For international shipping, any applicable value added tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other import taxes will be calculated and determined by the local customs based on the merchandise total and displayed on your order confirmation. Our shipping agent will liaise with you on the local tax payment method to the local customs.
We ship internationally with our shipping specialists, DHL and FedEx to deliver globally with tracking services.
For international shipping, the customer has to be responsible for any applicable value added tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other import taxes which will be calculated and determined by the local customs based on the merchandise total and displayed on your order confirmation. Our shipping agent will liaise with you on the local tax payment method to the local customs.
Upon receiving your order and payment online, Recovery Systems will process your orders within two (2) working days. You will receive an order confirmation by either email or phone. Once the products are packed, we will contact you to confirm on the preferred delivery date and time.
Recovery Systems partners with a few local courier companies for Singapore domestic delivery. Our local customer enjoys free shipping in Singapore for purchase S$500 and above. Otherwise, a flat delivery fee of S$20 shall be paid by the customer.
Upon receiving your order and payment online, Recovery Systems will process your orders within three (3) working days. You will receive an order confirmation by either email or phone. Once the products are packed, we will provide you with a tracking number which provides real-time, detailed progress of the shipment. Recovery Systems uses DHL and FedEx as our international delivery partners, or we may appoint other freight companies from time to time. Transit time is normally within 5 working days. International shipping fees and local custom duties and tax shall be paid by the customers.
For international shipping, any applicable value added tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other import taxes will be calculated and determined by the local customs based on the merchandise total and displayed on your order confirmation. You have to make any local tax payment to the local customs or liaise with our shipping agent on the payment methods.
Returns & Warranty
Highly unlikely, our cuffs are made of a highly durable medical grade thermoplastic urethane (TPU) fabric and components. That being said, we won’t recommend users to abuse it.
Yes, we are confident with our products that we offer a 14-Day Money-Back Guarantee for all our customers. If you are not satisfied with our Recovery Systems products, you may return them to us within 14 days from the date of you received the products for a full refund. You will be responsible for the return shipping charges and do note that shipping charged incurred are not refundable.
For details on our Return Policy, please click here
Our Standard Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for all our products, including control unit, internal battery, attachments and other accessories such as the leg cuffs, hip & glute cuff, arm cuffs, torso and pants cuff.
For more information, please read our Product Warranty Policy
Yes, Extended Warranty may be purchased on the day of purchase of Recovery Systems product, for an additional period of 1 year from the date of expiry of the original Standard Warranty.
It covers defects in materials and workmanship for control unit only, beyond the standard limited warranty period.
For more information, please read our Extended Warranty Policy